Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Late night ramblings

I just couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't seem to put my mind to rest. I felt wide awake even after midnight which is unusual for me lately. I used the time to just reflect and pray.

Yesterday was a long day at my new job and at my old job. I tried to do my current work amongst many phone calls from my past work and friends who needing help or advice. Most of the day I felt torn between two lives. One I left and still miss and a new one I am beginning and feel uncertain of.

I arrived home in the evening, listened to the kids share (all at once and all together) about their day. Each one seemed to talk louder than the next in their effort to be heard over another sibling until it felt as if the whole house was yelling.

Whatever happened to waiting for your turn? I don't think I listened very well to any of the kids, but they all had their say.

I made dinner, minus dessert, while sorting through the school papers and mail. I did some dishes and picked up the house.
Just about the time I began feeling sorry for myself and the lack of an organized birthday celebration the phone rang and it was Sonny, then the phone rang and it was the McKelvey's singing, then the phone rang and it was Charlie, then the phone rang and it was Melissa.
I heard happy birthday from just the right amount of friends to outweigh the happy birthdays I missed from family.
So all in all a good birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Happy Birthday! I will buy you 2 martini's in vegas and prostrate myself to you in the lobby of the riviera hotel in honor of your birth!
love
jack

Anonymous said...

you know moving to OR and crashing on your couch sounds wicked good...call me ASAP