Thursday, December 07, 2006

Where did my life go?

Have you ever been in a place where nothing was familiar?
Have you ever found yourself questioning most everything around you?
Have you ever asked yourself Where in the hell did my life go?

A few times over my lifetime I have had days like this.
Yesterday was one of those days.

Thank God these kind of days don't come often, but when they do I feel confused, disoriented, frazzled and uncertain.
The kind of uncertain that makes me question, makes me wonder. And even leaves me wandering around as if in a fog and I can't find my way.

It is the kind of feeling that makes me want to go back to what is familiar, to what I know, to a place of confidence instead of confusion. To a place of familiarity instead of disorientation. To a place of determination instead of uncertainty. But I can't leave. This is where I am supposed to be now. This is my life and I have to learn to negotiate my way through it.

The last time I remember having a day like this was many years ago. Probably 14 years or so. And I negotiated my way through, learned much, and found myself in a great place.

So I can only proceed with the same assumption. I will negotiate my way through this. I will learn much. And I will find myself in a great place.

I just wish I knew how long it is going to take to get there.

No comments: