Monday, October 13, 2008

7 days

It's been a long 7 days since I was in Nebraska. Work, home life, and family activities keep things moving at a quick pace.
Lots of things get set aside, passed over or left undone.
I haven't been doing a very good job of finding the balance in my life that I need.
And with the impending Builder's Blitz and major fundraising event at work, I don't see a way to achieve that balance in the next few weeks.
Yet as I continue to search for balance, stability, and peace of mind I can't help but long to be back in Nebraska too.


I miss playing with Cale and running around with the kind of reckless abandon that adults can get by with only while playing with children.


I miss watching Zack as he sits and observes all the wonders in this new world, this new family. He is so content always smiling... as long as there is someone to feed him on time.



And I miss watching a young family bond together through sleepless nights, aches and pains and a whole lot of joy mixed in.

No comments: