Sunday, December 19, 2010

I need more olives!

A jumbled mess of my thoughts this morning...

I have been neglecting my blog the past 2 weeks.
That usually means I have been neglecting me.
Writing or blogging are usually signs that I am making time to pause, reflect, process, and share.
I haven't posted a blog and my journal remains untouched since my dad passed away.


Part of my absence is also due to my inability to pause or process right now.
Part of my absence is also due to not knowing where to begin.
So much has happened since dad's death.

We got home from KS a week ago.
Since then, I have simply been going thru the motions and trying to get things done.
I've managed to stay on top of the cleaning & laundry, menu making, grocery buying and cooking.

I have attended the girls concerts, mock trial, a Habitat for Humanity home dedication, a Blazer game, and I hung Christmas lights on the house.


With the Holidays close at hand there is still much preparing left to do in my Advent.

* I need to be starting my day, getting ready for Mass, and tackling my list of 'to-do's but I'm not even out of bed yet.

* It's been a crazy, busy, traveling, family/friend filled past 12 months.

* I have been blessed in so many ways.

* I am reminded of a prayer I was introduced to almost a decade ago...





* I need more olives!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:Westfarthing Way NW,Salem,United States

No comments: