Sunday, December 19, 2010

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

In my effort to get in the Christmas spirit I continued work on decorating the house and this evening finished up the "plush superheroes" for my grandsons.

This past Halloween Cale & Zack dressed as Batman & Spiderman.
Naturally I wanted to make them their own cuddly superheroes.

I'd searched all over for a pattern to use, but found nothing even close to what I had in mind.
I eventually settled on an old fashioned Raggedy Ann pattern that required a LOT of alterations.

The Superheroes took on a life of their own and ended up NOT looking anything like I set out to create.
But that's okay.
Sometimes life takes me places I don't expect to go.

My grandsons are
ornery and energetic.
They are constantly running
jumping, climbing, screaming,
wrestling, & tackling their way through the day.

But when things settle down (and on rare occasions of quiet) they are peaceful, loving, cuddly, and will snuggle up on my lap.

I wanted them to have superhero dolls that represent them.

I think I have achieved that.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:Coho Ave NW,Salem,United States

No comments: