The layers get piled upon one another in such a way that it gets difficult to separate them.
Most of the time the layers are for others...
some times the layers are for myself.
and then there are times
the layers are for my kids, or those I try to minister to.
Today was filled with multi-layers....
We had shingles donated yesterday that were 'seconds'.
Seconds, generally, aren't bad, but this time they were.
We (Robert, Sara and I) had to strip bad shingles before good could be replaced.


At Habitat we work with anyone and everyone who will work with us. We are a multi-layered, mulit-cultural, multi-colored, multi-faith, multi-generational organization.


There are times, like tonight, that I bring work home.
Jeff and I both love the movie,
To Kill A Mockingbird.
I am always surprised to find that someone has not seen this movie.
Tonight the surprise came when our youngest daughter said, she had not seen the movie.
(I believe she has, but was too young to remember watching it with us.)
It is an incredibly modern day film in spite of the black and white photography.
And it was perfect timing, in terms of what I do and what I live, in trying to blend low income families in South Salem with high-income families.

For the most part...
all is going well.

1 comment:
It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived,
One of my favorite lines from Mockingbird. Thanks for making my day better!
Must be time to read it again.
Post a Comment