Monday, October 19, 2009

a warm and tender hand...

Recently while hiking along a sandy ridge in Pacific City I stumbled.

I lost my balance, I planted my hand in the sand in an effort to keep myself from falling further down hill.

It wasn't until on the way back up hill from the oceans' edge that I saw my hand print clearly etched there marking the location of where I nearly fell.

I've thought a lot about this hand print. I am not sure how to wrapped words around why it has captured so much of my thoughts lately. I suppose part of it is because it looks upraised instead of indented. Or perhaps it is more on my mind because it reminds me of how I stumble in so many aspects of my life, how I seem to fall short, fall down, or just feel as though I am falling.

It makes me thankful for the times I have caught myself, appreciative of the times someone else has caught me, and hoping that there will always be someone to lend me a loving hand when I need it most.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I'll always be there to help...

Jeff said...

I think this hand looks upraised for a reason... when we fall, we think from our perspective, an imprint. But God is there to lift us up, reaching out. We just don't see it that way unless we change our mind's perspective.
I love you!