I like heading home.
Home for me, today, is Kansas.
Whether Wichita or Kansas City or old home in Kearney or new home in Salem....
I like going home.
Each one has different memories and with the memories come different feelings of comfort.
Yesterday and today we are in the Kansas City area with Mike and Aimee.
They live in this delightful 3 bedroom home that is a stone's throw from where we lived while Jeff was in med school.
Just being in this neighborhood allows all the memories of those years to come flooding back.
Some memories are good and others not so good.
Memories of the two older kids when they were so young,
my first time moving so far from my family and their support,
making my way as a young mom on my own,
running a business/day care and the struggles of supporting the family...
But remembering and watching my kids grow and realizing how far they have come is a blessing.
I could write for days and not share all the memories in my head, or the feelings of gratitude I have as their mom.
But one of my favorite memories is the simple pace of lazy summers at home.
Huge yards,
the smell of fresh cut grass,
a dinner on the grill,
A cold beverage close at hand,
and laughter of family & friends.
I love spending time in the back yard.
So this summer,
in my spare time,
I plan to work on getting my Salem backyard to a place where we can re-create and recreate with family & friends.
All I have to do now is implement my plan of transforming the rock hill we live on into fertile ground.
May life's adventures never end!
TWO THOUGHTS ON WISDOM.
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment