Sunday, November 14, 2010

Being 50

Today is my first day in my 2nd century.
I fully intend to make it to the big 100!
I've had some great birthday wishes, prayers and phone calls from wonderful friends.
I know I am blessed!
Tonight it is nearing midnight and the end of my first full day of being 50.
So far, so good.
I rented a cabin at Silver Falls through next Wednesday.
This time I am in cabin #1.
I did NOT anticipate the change in amenities ( no more small frig or microwave ) over the years I have learned to adapt and improvise. So that is what I am doing for the next few day; adapting to the environment.

Another nice change is there is now cell phone reception up here in the mountains. At least I think this is a nice change.

Sometimes I wish my phone didn't work.
I prefer to 'de-tach' from the world. But at least if the kids need to get it in touch, they can.
It's a good thing.

More later
I have to make the 3rd attempt at waking my husband and getting him to bed. ... He crashed on our small cabin couch after many hours of attempting to get a nice fire started.
But vacation means no alarm clock!
Hooray!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Silver Falls Cabin #1

No comments: