Thursday, February 04, 2010

Time flies...

A week ago I woke up in Lincoln and began the drive to Kearney, NE.
It seems longer ago than 7 days.


I enjoy flying. 
I like getting on a plane and arriving someplace far away from where I began. 
There is something about this experience that frees my spirit.



I love seeing the earth from above.
It gives me an entirely different perspective on my world.


When I travel I tend to put on my headphones, play my favorite music, and escape into a world above.

If the skies are clear and the sun is rising or setting then I feel very close to heaven.
I love to watch how quickly the sky changes color.
It seems as though time is flying as fast as the plane is traveling.

I miss the light when the sky goes dark.  But in the darkness the stars pop out and the ant sized cities and towns below become the only signs of life from the world above.

                         This reminds me that there is light even in the darkest of nights.

Time does fly.
And it comes and goes so quickly.  

I am grateful for air travel.  
It can take us to loved ones, 
to a different world above our everyday lives, 
nearer to the heavens where my spirit feels free.

And on Southwest even my bags get to fly free.








No comments: